Tuesday, August 4, 2009

ALL I COULD BARE 101


All I Could Bare: My Life in the Strip Clubs of Gay Washington, D.C.

WHO AM I:
I am a writer/photographer, who has written for The Washington Post, Entertainment Weekly, Vibe, and Spin, among other publications. I've served as Pop Music Critic for the Buffalo News and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. I hold a Ph.D. in American Studies from the University of Maryland in College Park, and am currently Associate Professor of Journalism at Northern Illinois University.

WHAT'S THE BOOK ABOUT:
It's the true story of how I started stripping as a part of a grad school project and ultimately found the experience to be life changing. Through various twists of fate, stripping led me to become an entertainment journalist (the book include humorous run-ins with Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, and Mary J. Blige) and now a college professor.

WHAT CRITICS HAVE SAID:
"Unafraid to bare it all...readers will feel they’re in the hands of an expert." Publisher's Weekly

"...a bare-assed, neon-lit tour de force..." The Bay Area Reporter

"Raunchy splendor...somehow both bawdy and sweetly nostalgic at the same time." Dallas Voice

VIDEO EXCERPTS:


1 comment:

  1. Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually recognize what you are talking about!
    Bookmarked. Kindly also discuss with my website.
    strip club directory

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails